Orkney Young Carers
A young carer is a young person under the age of eighteen who has adult caring responsibilities.
They may help care for a sibling, a parent or a grandparent who has a medium to long term illness, disability or alcohol or substance problem. In some cases they can be caring for more than one person.
What our service offers-
- Confidential support, advice and a listening ear to Young Carers in Orkney and their families.
- Free monthly activity sessions for Young Carers to meet, relax and have fun to give them a break from caring, help them to gain confidence and encourage them to socialise and to support each other.
- Although not our main focus, the service inadvertently provides some respite to parents while Young Carers attend sessions.
- An assessment of the Young Carers needs.
- One to one support for Young Carers who either need additional support or do not feel comfortable in a group situation.
- We can also refer Young Carers on to more specialised support with a counsellor if needs be.
Tel - 01856 870500
E-Mail - [email protected]